Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seach for Salamanders


We've never even found a salamander. We talk to other families that have, and are always envious of their experience. We do go on lots of hikes, and we've seen some pretty amazing things. We've discovered some pretty amazing things about each other. I'm not sure that on our hikes we've even ever talked about finding a salamander, and I'm not sure that we've ever actively searched for one.

As I sit here, thinking about blogging about our homeschooling experience, this nagging thought never leaves me. What could I possibly have to tell people about homeschooling? We've never even done something as basic as finding a salamander! Isn't that a childhood right of passage?

Although, it is raining outside. There are rocks in my yard and children in my house to overturn those rocks.

It occurs to me that every home educator is on their own journey with their own passions. Everyone is searching for something. Today, we will search for salamanders in these perfect conditions and tomorrow....well. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I'd love to write about the history of American Education, about what we spend our days doing, about how excited I am that my oldest child will be homeschooling again with us next year, about all our passions and discoveries. Another time, though. For now, we've got important work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment